JOB TITLE: Branch Manager
REPORTING TO: Cluster Head
RESPONSIBLE FOR: All Branch Staff
1. PURPOSE OF JOB
To meet branch Retail and SME Financial Targets through a World class Sales and Service Management system and within established product programs through the branch. To work closely with Central Operations Unit to operate and maintain a smooth running and operationally efficient branch, that conform to the financial institutions and BOT regulations, rules and guidelines issued from time to time. This will include servicing corporate customers.
2. PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Accountable for all aspects of running a successful branch, delivering great business performance and leading and motivating a team that provides the best customer experience in your area.
- Primary responsibility will be to drive business (CASA and Fee Growth) product sales and Customer Service with oversight on branch operations, compliance and control
- Understand your customer base and identify opportunities to build and grow profitable Relationships. • Deliver against business and sales performance.
- Acquire new customers and retain and grow your relationships with existing customers. • Responsible for the operational efficiency of the branch and productivity of its staff.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the integrated systems, and retention of accurate and up to date records of all transactions including inter-bank transactions.
- Prepare periodic and statutory reports for management.
- Have a good understanding of branch control procedures with specific focus on financial security.
- Take ownership for resolving complex problems, working with colleagues in other offices / Branches to provide a seamless experience for your customers
- Provide a superior level of customer relations and promote the service culture through coaching, Guidance and staff motivation.
- Participate in community affairs to increase the bank's visibility and enhance new and existing Business opportunities
- Perform other duties in the absence of the MCSOP / Ops Manager as directed by the Cluster Head
2.2 FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage your resources effectively and within budget.
2.3 INDEPENDENT DECISIONS
- Set challenging performance and business objectives.
- Work to your peoples' strengths and instill in them the passion and commitment to deliver an exceptional service.
- Monitor your teams’ effectiveness by developing individual performance objectives and make recommendations for improvements, while also being accountable for achieving sales and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Address and manage under performance as soon as it is identified following company guidelines.
2.2 INTERACTION WITH OTHERS Internal:
Regular contact with the CEO, CFO, Head of Retail, Head of Liability, Cluster Heads and other Managers External: Regular interaction with customers, clients and progress meetings with management
3 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of university degree in Business Administration or Economics and relevant professional qualifications in banking, finance or marketing
- At least 5 years banking experience, 3 years of which should be in a managerial role with an exposure to sales/Business development.
- Good leadership, people management and banking skills
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, sales and business principles,
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong commercial know-how and first-class decision-making abilities.
- Be a good relationship builder and a strategic thinker rather than just operational.
- Resilient under pressure.
- Carry out work in accordance with the bank’s procedures
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, suggest the use of new practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the bank